Sports Pages → Basketball
Updated Sun Sep 23, 2012 (2:29 pm) by Louise Carson
Congratulations to St Marys on winning the Overall Basketball Competition in 2012
Individual Team Placings can be found in the Results Section.
Basketball is a Term 3 sport played on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons.
Wednesday Senior A B Yr 7/8 A B C
Thursday Junior A B C D
All matches are scheduled to play from 4.00pm to 5.15pm.
Senior A B
Junior A B C D
Year7/ 8 A B C D E
A reserve and scorer should accompany each team where possible. Home team to provide timers for each game.
School sports skirt/bloomers/shorts, shirt, socks and joggers. All Students to wear numbers (preferably in school colours).
- Played as per draw.
- Senior teams play on Wednesdays 4.00 - 5.15pm
- Junior teams to play on Thursdays 4.00 - 5.15pm.
- Year 7/8 teams play on Wednesdays 4.00 - 5.15pm
Wednesday Yr 7/8 A B C
Home Away Senior A B, and Year 7/8 D E Thursday Junior A B C D
Yr 7/8 A B C
- Length of match - 2 x 25 minute halves or 5.15pm finish. The clock keeps running except for a serious injury. Half time is 5 minutes.
- There are two timeouts per half for each team. A timeout lasts for one minute.
- There are no timeouts to be taken in the last 5 minutes of the game.
- The home school provides a carbonated scoresheet and both scorers sit together.
- Umpire to regularly check scoresheet.
- Umpire or PE Staff to sign scoresheet at completion of game.
- The home school is to provide an umpire for each game played at their venues.
- In addition the home school should provide two umpires for the Junior A and Senior A fixtures.
Any/all general rules enclosed in the Guidelines For Coaches, Umpires and Players are to apply.