Sports Pages → Netball
Updated Mon May 20, 2013 (11:39 am) by Louise Carson
Netball is a Term 2 sport played on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons.
|Senior A B C D and Yr 7/8 A B C D E F G |
Junior A B C D E F G H
All matches are scheduled to play from 4.00pm to 5.15pm
Please contact your School's Physical Education Department for fixtures.
Senior A B C D
Junior A B C D E F G H
Year 7/8 A BA C D E F G
A reserve and scorer should accompany each team where possible. Home team to supply timers and carbonated scoresheets. Individual timers should run for each game.
School sports skirt or shorts, shirt, socks and joggers. All teams are to wear bibs (preferably in school colours). Where schools have similar coloured uniforms, the home school to provide alternative coloured bibs.
- Senior teams play on Wednesdays 4.00 - 5.15pm.
- Junior teams play on Thursdays 4.00 - 5.15pm.
- Year 7/8 teams play on Wednesdays 4.00 - 5.15pm.
Wednesdays Senior A B C D Yr 7/8 F G Year 7/8 A B C D E
Thursdays Junior A B C D Junior E F G H
- All current netball rules are to be enforced.
- Length of match - 4 x 15 minute quarters or 5.15pm finish.
- Length of breaks - 2 minutes at 1/4 time, 5 minutes at 1/2 time.
- Each game to be timed independently so as to allow for two minute injury time.
- Home team provides carbonated scoresheet and scorers sit together.
- Scorers to check results with umpire at each break.
- The home school provides an umpire for each fixture played at their venues.
- In addition the home school provides two umpires for the Junior and Senior A.
- There is no limit to the number of substitutions which can be made by a team. A substitute is allowed in the event of a player retiring injured/ill. During the stoppage for substitution, both teams may make substitutions and team changes as required.
- A player from a lower grade may take the position of an injured player in a higher grade even if they have already taken the court in their grade. If the player to be substituted is off the court they may be substituted immediately, however if the player is on court, the substitution must occur at the next break
- A player from a higher grade cannot be substituted downwards if they have commenced play (taken the court) in the higher grade.
- Opposing team officials and scorers must be notified of any changes between teams.