Sports Pages → Water Polo
Water Polo News
Updated Wed Nov 28, 2012 (12:15 pm) by Louise Carson
Congratulations to Santa Maria on winning the Overall Water Polo Competition in 2012.
Individual team Placings can be found in the results section.
Water Polo matches are played on Tuesday afternoons at either Challenge Stadium, Bicton Pool or St Hilda's.
Each school fills the following grades:
- Senior A B
- Junior A B
This sport has been played by several IGSSA schools for several years prior but was introduced as an official IGSSA sport in 2010.
Click on the link for 2012 Fixtures. Please contact your School's PE Department to confirm any changes.
Water Polo Results
Final 2012 Softball Placings
Water Polo Guidelines
IGSSA Water Polo Guidelines
• Length of matches must be at least 2 by 10 minute halves. Games are to commence at the allocated fixture time.
Age Group Categories
• A Senior is a girl in Year 10 or 11
• A Junior is a girl in Years 7, 8. or 9
• Each school must provide one staff member at each competition venue.
Substitutions and Reserves
• Substitutions must be Senior to Senior, Junior to Junior and team grade to team grade - ie. Junior A cannot play below Senior A.
• In the case of illness/injury, a Senior/Junior player may be substituted by a Senior/Junior player of a lower grade.
• The following restrictions apply:
a) After playing three or more games in a certain grade, a girl may not play in a lower grade,
b) A student may play in only one match per fixture
c) Once a student takes the court/field in a higher grade and play has commenced, they cannot be substituted back downwards
• Reserves - may take the field in the case of injury at any time, according to the rules of the game.